One of the best ways you can support Cincinnati Lab Rescue is to open your heart and home to foster one of our sweet homeless Labradors. A foster home provides a needy Labrador the same level of care a beloved family pet would receive, including a nutritious diet, playtime and exercise, socialization and basic training. Cincinnati Lab Rescue covers the expense for our dogs’ veterinary care, including heartworm and flea prevention.
Fostering helps our Labradors become more adoptable. They come to us from a variety of situations. Many were found as strays and have spent time in a shelter and need to learn how to be a part of a family. Some have been surrendered by their owners and would find the move to a boarding kennel confusing and stressful. By offering your time, energy, love and attention to an animal in need, you prepare the animal for adoption into a permanent home as well as help to reduce the costs of rescue.
Your Duties As a Foster Parent:
• Provide daily care and feeding
• Socialize your foster dog and give him/her plenty of exercise and attention
• Provide transportation to and from Eastgate Animal Hospital for Veterinary appointments and adoption appointments
In order to ensure that your foster dog receives the care he or she needs, we ask that you:
• Have basic knowledge of canine care and behavior
• Have a safe, secure space inside your home to house your foster dog
• Have a securely fenced yard
• Complete our foster application
• Have a schedule flexible enough to allow for veterinary appointments and adoption appointments
The length of time to foster a dog can vary. Some dogs are only kept in foster care a few weeks while other dogs need more time to get ready for their permanent home. Cincinnati Lab Rescue will help find a foster dog that fits well in your home and provide the support you need during the foster process. It can be painful to say goodbye to a foster dog when he or she is ready for adoption, but fostering can be the most rewarding and fulfilling thing a true dog lover will ever do to support our canine friends.
If you are interested in fostering one of our great Labradors, please email us at email@example.com.